Ghost Orchid is a richly textured and deeply moving play that explores the way trauma echoes across the generations of a farming family in rural Gloucestershire.
Liz spends her days fretting over her family; Stefan works too hard, Freya can’t wait to leave home, Tom won’t pull his weight on the farm and Ewa keeps running off to play in the forest, a place of magic and danger. Ghost Orchid is set over one eventful midsummer weekend when Liz’s life gets turned upside down, again.
Ghost Orchid will be staged at 7pm on 19 & 20 May at The Mission Theatre, Bath as part of SparkFest 2022 produced by Bath Spa Productions. Tickets can be purchased online via Bath Spa Live and we'll put a notification on the 'Updates' page as soon as they are available.
Who are WE?
Agapanthus Productions was founded recently by Rachel Pownall and Ghost Orchid is their first theatre project. Rachel is delighted to be working with fellow Bath Spa alumna Gabrielle Finnegan, on this project along with a very talented cast and crew. Rachel is a resident at The Studio in Bath, Bath Spa University’s Innovation and Enterprise Hub and her background is in documentary filmmaking, scriptwriting and theatre. She has a growing interest in the possibilities of creative technology. After many years supporting other people’s projects, Ghost Orchid marks a return to her own creative work and she plans to grow Agapanthus Productions into an inclusive creative community that encourages co-creation and sustainability.
Where will the money go?
Agapanthus Productions is a new company and we are working to a very tight budget. Your donation is hugely appreciated and will go towards the following areas:
- The cost of making sure the cast and creatives are properly paid for their hard work
- Set, props, costume & lighting and maybe a bit of creative technology to make Ghost Orchid an immersive and memorable experience
- Marketing, to spread the word
Donations of all sizes are very gratefully received. Have a look at the reward section to see how we can thank you for your support.
Find us here
As soon as tickets are available via Bath Spa Live, we will be put the link on the 'Updates' page.
Help us to succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.