ALPHABET SOUP: THE project
It is difficult to find an accessible place to ask about sexualities and gender identities; if your friend has just come out, you don't want to be the one bombarding them with questions. But most of the time, Google just isn't enough.
Or, if you're questioning your own identity, it would be useful for resources to be in the same place, so you don't have to spend hours watching YouTube videos about people who might be similar to you.
Alphabet Soup intends to be a comprehensive collection of accounts from those who identify as LGBTQ+ and their friends, family, housemates, and partners.
There will be many different types of media, including creative writing, video and audio interviews, short quotes, filmed debates, a play, artwork, and advertising for events and products produced by members of the community.
We aim for Alphabet Soup to be a springboard for conversation, awareness and mainstream acceptance of all identities.
Who are WE?
We are a team of four Bath Spa University students in Second and Third Year, all using the website development for our different degrees:
- Liv Maradei - cofounder & content curator - they/them, queer, 2nd year Creative Writing
- Lu Bailey - cofounder & project manager - they/them, ace, 3rd year Creative Writing with Publishing
- Dan Lewis-Jones - head of liaison & hype man - he/him, gay, 3rd year Acting
- Tommy Ryan - head of design - he/him, token straight dude, 3rd year Graphic Communication
Where will the money go?
Our minimum funding goal is £150 . This will cover very simple initial costs:
- Domain: £15 for two years
- Hosting: £60 for one year
- Themes and Plugins: £50
- Additional costs, eg. fonts: £25
If we reach our target of £2,000 , we will be able to promote the website, and hold a launch event:
- Printed promotion (business cards, canvas bags, etc.): £300
- Launch event promotion: additional £40
- Launch event catering: £1,250
- Launch event guest speakers: £200
- Launch event venue (at Bath Spa): £0
- Hosting (second year): £60
If we raise much more than our target, there are a couple of ideas we have for furthering the project:
- Creating an app version: £10,000 to £30,000
- Printing a physical book: £2,000+
- There's a variety of creative rewards available, as you can see on the right hand side of the page.
- You can choose your favourite reward and donate more than that reward's minimum - if you'd rather have sweets than kitten videos but still want to support us with a £100 donation, you can choose the £50 reward and donate more.
Find us here
Facebook page: facebook.com/lgbtqsoup
YouTube: Alphabet Soup
Below are the wireframes of the two main pages of our website. This is very basic at the minute, but will hopefully give you an idea of what we're thinking for the website's design.
SHARE OUR CAMPAIGN!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, by email, telephone, chatting with your friends, or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
Have you sponsored this project? If so, log in to comment on updates!
Thank you everyone, so much, for helping us to reach our minimum fundraising target! This means that we will be able to keep all the money that has been donated to us so far.
Social media update
We have decided on our domain name! We are hoping to register AtoZsoup.com as soon as we get enough funding. This means that all of our social media has changed. You can now find us @AtoZsoup on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
generated 23 clicks and donated
followed this project
8 anonymous donations totalling £109.00