A short summary of your project
Hello! We have set up this crowd funder to try and raise money for our rowing club, as we get little funding and we won't lie, it's a fairly expensive sport! The money raised will go towards paying for coaching courses, blades and eventually boats (VERY expensive!). Since being started in 2017, the club has flourished with the amount of members, we are over the 30 mark! Rowing is a fantastic release from stress and University work, as well as a great way to socialise and keep fit! Please help our club by donating to our crowdfund, or even sharing our link! Thank you in advance from everyone as Bath Spa Rowing Club!
Who are you?
We are the Bath Spa University Rowing team, est 2017.
President- Charlie Groves
Vice-president- Tabitha Clarke
Secretary- Daisy Green
Treasurer- Jenny Usher
Social Sec- Alex Best
Social Media Officer- Sam Wood
(and 26 other members!)
Rowing is an expensive sport, with boats costing a minimum of £5000. Being a newly established club, we don't have any support from the University. We currently have 32 members, ranging from novice to experienced, meaning we have many members who we need to support. We train up to 5 times a week, ranging from land sessions to being in boats! To get our members to races across the country, we also have to take boats, blades and everything else we need- which as you can imagine comes at a great expense. Also- by being members of the Athletic Union we get a small amount of funding from the Student's Union- but have to match this by fundraising.
Where will the money go?
- One coaching course which we need at least one member to have to keep the club running costs £230
- One mini-bus to take crews to a race costs £400
- Entering a boat into a race costs a minimum of £20
- For everyone who donates we have some great rewards such as photos and updates from the club or a tour of the boathouse!
Images and video
Find us here
Facebook: Bath Spa University Rowing Club
Help us succeed!
- We need as many people as possible to be talking about our ergathon! Everywhere you can think of!
- Any help promoting the club or our ergathon would be amazing!
- We don't just need money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and our members give so much to the club so we want to give more back to them! , and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.